Hi, all. A couple of clarifying points on Monday's Troop meeting activity. Reminder, we are gathering to leave from St. Odilia at 6:30, NOT our normal 7pm. So please arrive early.
1. ALL Scouts, Parents and Siblings are invited to join us on the hike to DQ, not just those planning to attend the South Dakota trip. Any Scouts not attending the campout can pack a backpack in solidarity with their fellow Scouts or they can just hike along with the group. It is a good exercise to prepare for future hiking and backpacking actives.
2. Monday's meeting kicks off the summer season for Troop meetings, meaning Class B shirts can be worn in place of the Class A Tan shirt, now through Labor Day. (If you are scheduling a Board of Review at a meeting in the Summer, the Class A should be worn) If you are in need of a larger Class B shirt, they can be purchased for $7 or we have some used shirts to give out. If your Scout has outgrown their shirt and does not have a younger sibling, we welcome donations to be able to hand down to younger scouts.
Reminders from the original Hiking activity email:
- If you have hiking boots you've outgrown and are willing to donate, please being them
- TENTS: We need ALL Troop tents to be cleaned and returned ASAP. Troop Tent instructions and the check in form can be found at http://www.scouting626.com/camping/troop-tent-instructions
- If you have a hiking backpack to loan to others taking the trip to SD, please bring it
From our SD Camp SPL - Phoenix Mordick:
For our Troop meeting this coming Monday, we will be gathering at 6:30 and our activity will be a hike to dairy queen! We plan to be back to St. O's at eight thirty. Please bring money to make your own purchase at dairy queen.
Scouts should Pack a backpack like you are going on an overnight hike, using the packing list below and the ten essentials from the Scout Handbook or at http://www.scouting626.com/camping.
The hike will be around three miles in all. I would suggest you come early so we can prepare before the hike.
I hope to see you there.
- Hiking Boots
- Two pairs of socks
- One extra pair of pants and shirt
- Sleeping pad
- Sleeping bag
- 2 Liters+ of water in whatever containers you own
- One rain coat
- One warm layer
- Mess kit
- Small first aid kit
- Compass for everyone
+ 10 essentials: http://www.scouting626.com/camping
Upcoming events for Troop 9626 B:
Jun 03 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jun 08-11 - South Dakota 5:30am @ Black Hills
Jun 17 - PLC 6:30pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jun 17 - Parents Meeting 7:30pm @ St. Odilia St. Monica's Room
Jun 24 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jul 01 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jul 08 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jul 15 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jul 22 - Troop Meeting 7pm @ St. Odilia Cafeteria
Jul 27-Aug 3 - Tomahawk Summer Camp